b16a sir1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bult99Si

i need to know what ecu i should use i have one from a 99-00 Si and what tranny because the one on the motor is cable and also what mounts should i use the stock b16 mounts?will they work?? and how do i wire up the vtec. damn swap is taking to long need the garage for the SI tired of leaving it out in the snow.

wow, sounds like you didnt research a thing or have a clue what you are up to.

first off, what the hell you gonna do with a obd2 ecu in an obd1 car and obd 1 motor.... :huh:

you need a hydro tranny. anything b series, you can use an LS one if you are cheap, but get a hydro b 16, gsr, type R whatever. bolt that on.

the opening page of this site says "HOW TO WIRE VTEC" so read...doesnt seem like youve done that yet.

b16 mounts will work, you need the rear bracket off an integra or a 94 del sol DOHC, unless your b16 came with all the mounts.

you need b16 axles, or integra axles will work too i believe!

Originally posted by DelSlo@Mar 13 2005, 01:11 PM
wow, sounds like you didnt research a thing or have a clue what you are up to.

first off, what the hell you gonna do with a obd2 ecu in an obd1 car and obd 1 motor.... :huh:

you need a hydro tranny. anything b series, you can use an LS one if you are cheap, but get a hydro b 16, gsr, type R whatever. bolt that on.

the opening page of this site says "HOW TO WIRE VTEC" so read...doesnt seem like youve done that yet.

b16 mounts will work, you need the rear bracket off an integra or a 94 del sol DOHC, unless your b16 came with all the mounts.

you need b16 axles, or integra axles will work too i believe!
[post=472933]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah this is my first swap and i saw the vtec post after i posted this and i have all the mounts and i have ls axles and what ecu should we use like a teg or del sol?

use a p28 or a p30.

p72 CAN be used but its for a GSR and will throw a code for IAB and it will change your v tec engagement point to 4,400. and it will redline lower than what your engine is capable of!

Originally posted by DelSlo@Mar 13 2005, 07:19 PM
use a p28 or a p30.

p72 CAN be used but its for a GSR and will throw a code for IAB and it will change your v tec engagement point to 4,400. and it will redline lower than what your engine is capable of!
[post=473055]Quoted post[/post]​

alright thanks ill use one of them my friend has a gsr ecu but i think ill pass on that since the vtec comes in so late and it wont rev as high as it could thanks man

It won't.

The GSR can be reprogrammed to work for the B16A with IAB disabled.

I realize this is your first swap, but ignorance doesn't mean we have to fix it for you.

Do some reading, you'll find all the answers you need. Then come ask us about the minor detailed stuff.

We know the difference.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Mar 14 2005, 11:34 PM
It won't.

The GSR can be reprogrammed to work for the B16A with IAB disabled.

I realize this is your first swap, but ignorance doesn't mean we have to fix it for you.

Do some reading, you'll find all the answers you need. Then come ask us about the minor detailed stuff.

We know the difference.
[post=473600]Quoted post[/post]​

alright thanks not trying to get all the info i need but just tryin to get others opion

Back