B16a SIR2 swap into my 92 dx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shithatch

Ok ive already swapped out the 1.5 and dropped a z6 motor in the hatch. BUT i want dohc. Is this the best b16 motor to put in? The z6 swap was incredibly easy and i want the b16 to go well also. I need to know some basic stuff. Like... will the wiring from the b16 plug into the shock tower plugs like with the z6? Im wondering if ill just be able to plug in the new ecu and mate up the tower plugs and have it runnin like with the z6. Just let me know wat you guys think.. give me some opionions. thanks alot :D

B16A is a good, easy swap, pretty much the same amount of work as the D16Z6. Personally, I's do a 1.8 either GSR or ITR, but that's me.

BAsically the same you will need to move your O2 sensor you can do it without splicing if you slice the black tubing cover that holds all the wires togther and seperate the O2 wires from the rest of the loom and move them to the new location(closer to the cat) you will also need to run a knock sensor to the ecu, if you remove the knock sensor + wire from the JDM harness you can add to your existing harness, this will get you to the shock tower OEM style then all have to do is run a wire from the shock tower to the ecu . good luck

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Nov 27 2004, 09:47 AM
BAsically the same you will need to move your O2 sensor you can do it without splicing if you slice the black tubing cover that holds all the wires togther and seperate the O2 wires from the rest of the loom and move them to the new location(closer to the cat) you will also need to run a knock sensor to the ecu, if you remove the knock sensor + wire from the JDM harness you can add to your existing harness, this will get you to the shock tower OEM style then all have to do is run a wire from the shock tower to the ecu . good luck
[post=422820]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright i have a dc header on it right now so i have the extra length for the o2 sensor so i will be good on that. The z6 doesnt have a knock sensor??? How in the hell do i run that? can u go into some detail for me? Ill take all i can get! :blink:

One more thing... Is there a specific forum for this swap into my ride? Ive been lookin for a couple days but still havent found a step by step. Didnt know if there was one available on here or any other sites.

Step By Step: http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.php Its is for a GSR to eg but it will be the same except for the IABs B16a's don't have them

Knock Sensor - https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29808 Run the wire to D3 on your ecu, if you search around there are some good color diagrams for the ecu Pinouts , also if you remove the knock sensor from the JDM harness it will already have sheilded wire on it which you can ground on the thermostat housing, then you run the Knock sensor wire to to the shock tower and from the shock tower to D3 on the ecu harness, there are other ways to do this, this is just the method I used. Take your time and it will come looking OEM

coming from someone who's done it.... save for 1.8 litres!!

i had a b16 with a ITR intake manifold and throttle body, CTR cams, header exhaust intake.. all the bolt on shit and hondata tuned and it wasn't fast enough....

Back