B16a sirII Knock sensor O2 sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gooseguir

Hey guys, I'm wiring my b16 into my 92 civic cx today and there are to plugs on the engine that are empty, I think they're the o2 sensor and the knock sensor but not sure. One is green and is on the left side of the valve cover. The other one is white and on the underside of the intake. If anyone knows which one is which and what I need to do for the rest of the wiring that would help me out a lot, thanks.

Knock sensor is on the back of the block. On the IM there is the IAC, Evap, TPS, IAT and MAP.

The green one on the side is the vtec pressure switch.

Green single wire left of the valve cover is the VTEC solenoid switch from pin A04 on the ECM. if it's a two wire, it's VTEC pressure (which is where the VTEC solenoid gets it's ground). if it's a tow wire, ground the white wire and run the other wire to pin D06.

The white plug is either IAT (intake air temperature or EGR). If it's EGR, leave it hanging, if it's the Intake air temp then you needf to plug it to the manifold, on the right, to the stationary female connector (assuming the motor is JDM). If you have a 99-00 Si, then it needs to be lengthened and run to the intake somehwere and you'll need to purchase the IAT sensor, lest you have it!

Good luck!!!

-Brian

Originally posted by 9k RPM EG6@Oct 26 2003, 03:20 AM
The white plug is either IAT (intake air temperature or EGR). If it's EGR, leave it hanging,

CX doesn't have a EGR.

Back