b16a starter replacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xpman

I've got a '91 CRX - JDM b16a with a bad starter. It's from a '92 Integra. I'm having a hard time being able to order a new one locally because noone has a catalog that has JDM parts. They either have Honda or Integra but don't know which one to order.

Does anyone know which Honda/Integra cars have a starter that I can use in place of the JDM one?

Is there a list online anywhere of interchangeable motor parts (years/cars)? It would be very helpful.

I ordered a b16 starter (del sol vtec) and when it came in I found that the bezel gear didn't stick out as far as the starter from the b16a. It looked like it was about 1/4" shorter. Also, the positive lead connection is on the end, not out of the top. That shouldn't matter though. I didn't install it because I wasn't sure if it would shoot out far enough to engage the flywheel.

When they looked up the Integra starters, the only motor options on the U.S. models was 1.7 and 1.8, not the 1.6. They ARE b-series though.

???

if you have the obd-0 engine and 90-91 tranny/flywheel. I would think you need to buy the starter from a 91 teg GS.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 17 2005, 11:52 AM
if you have the obd-0 engine and 90-91 tranny/flywheel. I would think you need to buy the starter from a 91 teg GS.
[post=527509]Quoted post[/post]​

Which motor is in the 91 teg GS?

should be the b18A. if that doesnt work, try the 99-00 civic Si. Let us know which one is right. BTW: take advantage of auto parts places "picture catalog" They should have a program with pictures of the parts they sell, so you can compare before you order/buy.

is ur b16 obd-1 or obd0..... if its obd0 try geting a starter from a 90-91 integra. and if its a obd-1 then try a 92-93 integra.

I had to change my starter on my b16a obd1 from a xsi teg. I bought a used '00 teg starter and it didn't quite fit, the mouting plate is different, so i just took the old mounting plate and switched it to the '00 teg starter and it fit.

only thing is that not all the bolts bolt to the '00 teg starter but its worked for me. :D

Mine is OBD-O. Actually, I think I may have my problem solved. A friend of a friend rebuilds starters and alts in his garage. Assuming he can get the right parts, I should be all set!

Back