b16a swap need advice on things I need

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

agnostic8

hey, since i crashed my 94 bmw 530i i decided now that im gonna get 1998 or 99 Honda civic ex.
since I have money from my insurance Im thinking that after a month or 2 of having it I want to put a better faster motor in it. Im going to put in a b16a si r motor and I need some advice and tips.
List Of Parts Included
• Complete Motor
- Block
- Intake Manifold
- Complete Head
- Sensors
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Throttle Body
- Starter
- Alternator
- Ignition Wires
- Headers
• OBD2 ECU (Computer)
• 5-Speed FWD Hydraulic Transmission
- With Clutch components assembled to the engine
• Intermediate shaft
• Axles
• Shift linkage

these are the list of things that will come with the b16 when I buy it and I was wondering if there anything els I'm going to need to go along with it. Is there anything missing from the list that I will have to buy separately to do the swap?

Another question I have is since the civic im gonna buy will most likely have like 130-150,000
miles on it I was wondering if there are any other components that typically wear that would need replacement separately from the items on the list. I know thats a general question because it depends on the car but GENERALLY what might need replacement or what wold be smart to replace.

I obviously have no mechanical experience so someone would be doing the swap for me and i expect to pay around a $1000 for the labor or i might know a couple freinds that could do it for me for cheaper but is that a good price to expect. some forums say $500, $600, $1200

sorry guys for all the questions ima total newb at this so if you guys could help that would be great.

bout the only thing i can see u need is motor mounts. at least thats what everyone else says. im prtty sure thats it.

Back