1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a To 92 Civic Eg6 Vx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by dj_gotrice, Mar 18, 2003.

1. dj_gotrice

dj_gotrice Junior Member

hey wassup guys. im new in this area, just need help on this one problem... i spent my whole spring break week working on my engine swap and the whole motor and harness is in. everything runs fine the engine runs smooth... but one thing my engine check lite is on and it wont turn off when the car is running.. what could this be? i thought its the knock sensor because i didnt rewire anything to that yet till today... i worked on the knock sensor wiring today and start it up still the engine lite still on. wats the prob? help me out. thanks.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Well,which B16A did you put in?1st,2nd or 3rd gen?How is the o2 sensor wired in?

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

PULL THE CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dj_gotrice

dj_gotrice Junior Member

wat codes ya talking about??? how can i do that.. well to the vx guy i have the sir2. the hydraulic tranny one. its still lighting up that engine check code... took my car off the road today and it runs fine... VTEC and all works great. but its just that engine check lite... hmmmmmm ?

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

To pull the CEL codes,you need to jump the service connector at the ECU,in the passenger side kickpanel.It will give you a series of flashes (long/short) that will tell you your problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted