b16a to eg help plz!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akkord_22

i know hat iv seen a few write up tryin to awnser my question but non specificly so i come to you guys for a reason!.

i just bought a 91 hatchback with a b16a swap in it the tranny is fkned it wont go into gear...anyways.

wat all do i need to make the swap into my 92 civic cx?
like i said i have the whle car so alot of my problems are solved but not all... i know i need a b-series hydro tranny.
my question is

1. will that ecu work with mine? PR3
2.will i need new shifting linages?
3. will i need a cx-bseries harness from rywire?
4 will the hasport mounts on the 91 work for my 92?
5.will i need new axles or will those work?
6. do the cable to hydro converstion kits actually work? for 200?

and anything i havent thought of plz enlighten me im doin the swap in 1 mnth!

1. will that ecu work with mine? Get a jdm p30 obd1 ecu
2.will i need new shifting linages? yes, 94-01 integra
3. will i need a cx-bseries harness from rywire? no, all 92 civics are pre-wired for vtec/etc. But you will need a 94-95 integra gsr engine harness, or use your Cx harness and add the needed wires.
4 will the hasport mounts on the 91 work for my 92? no, you need: 94-01 integra rear t-bracket, any hydraulic transmission mount, and the correct engine bracket (there are a couple possibilities)
5.will i need new axles or will those work? Those should work.
6. do the cable to hydro converstion kits actually work? for 200? Yes, but u said trans is fucked, so why bother? If thats the case then get hasport's egb1 mount kit and the integra t-bracket.

Yes 92 Civics are wired for VTEC and welfare is right about what he said just wanted to clarify a little. They are wired from the ecu to the shock towers (not to the actual VTEC solenoid and oil pressure switch)

Is the CX running? Most importantly.....is the engine harness in tact? All the motor mounts?

If you have that CX harness/mounts and a complete B16....

94-01 shift linkage and rear trans t-bracket mount (manual trans)

Dont mess with the hydro-cable conversion....Just get a Hydro Trans and spend the money

P30 ECU works good (I have a spare JDM one) Do Not try to use the OBD0 PR3 ECU (just sell it....its worth a few bucks)

And yes the axles will work....but I STRONGLY suggest you at least rebuild them or buy new ones.....so worth it!

Oops....I forgot to add that you need to use the plugs off the B16 (for VTEC solenoid and pressure switch). You can actually add them to your CX harness. Just take them out of the current harness and remove the pins from the clips that attach near the shock towers. You can simply plug them into the correct spots on the CX harness and it will look pretty clean. Your CX harness has empty spots just waiting to be filled. Just pull the rubber plugs in those empty spots and clip the pins in their place.

Don't forget Knock Sensor too! This (only one wire) needs to be ran from the sensor, through the firewall, and attached with a donor pin (junkyard/etc) into your plugs at the ECU. There was a ground with my knock sensor but I just ground it with the other grounds at the thermo housing.

Back