B16A Trans.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper88

My mom thinks i'm cool
I have a B16a1 swap in a 88 hatch. I was leaving the store the other night and i went to go for second and nothing happenned. It was stuck in first and still is. I looked under it tonight and the linkage is fine, but the linkage that goes to the rod that comes out of the trans seems to either broke or something. Its still in the trans but i cant shift into any other gear. I never did anything with trans. Would this be a easy fix or you cant tell until you crack it open? And i was wonder what cable trans would be good to put in place of the old one? I'm not sure whats in there right now. i think it might be the one that came with the jdm b16a1 with lsd. I've found a Ys1 lsd cable trans on ebay. would that be good to put in it? I'm thinking i can take the old one out but that ys1 in and rebuild the old one. Your help is appreciated

That's pretty much the best cable trans for your setup... There's no other way to tell for sure what's wrong until you crack the tranny open... Sounds like the change holder mechanism or possibly a broken, bad shift rod.

Shift linkage is fine and its still attached to the shift rod that goes in the trans. Well i couldn't get that ys1 with lsd. So i got a ys1 without lsd and a phantom grip which saved me about 100 bucks and i will have a better lsd then that stock lsd in that ys1. Now i'm just waiting for the trans and i already have the phantom grip. Thanks for your feedback guys.

Back