b16a w/Automatic swap..tranny problem codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

russjameson

Please help me if you know anything about automatic trannys.

My wife has a 97 Civic EX. I took out the D16y8 Automatic, and swapped in an OBD0 B16a Sir1 motor converted to OBD1.

I attatched a 95 Acura Integra LS Automatic Tranny.

I am running a Chipped P28 ECU with a 95 Acura Integra P78-A01 TCM.

I used the exhisting OBD2a wiring harness and connected it all together with a
very well made Boomslang Conversion harness that ties in the OBD1 ECU, OBD1 TCM and OBD2a Automatic Wiring Harness.

I got the Motor running, but the D4 indicator on the dash keeps fashing, when I check for codes I think I get 08, 13, and 14 on the D4 Flashes. I will update these codes when I get home.

Also another problem is the gear shifter is locked and when the car is in Park the transmission is free spinning. I have to have the emergency brake on when the car is in park.

When I drove it yesterday it didn't feel like ti was going into first gear either.

If any one has a list of OBD1 Automatic Transmission Problem Codes, I would love to have them.

Thanks,
Russell Brown
VA Beach, VA

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back