B16a1 build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

g3ninfinite

Hi guys Im new to the motor building scene and will probably have a shop do my build. My platform is a b16a1 and my goal is 200-250 WHP is this achievable with a N/A motor if so how much do you think it would cost to get there? To achieve this goal what exactly would you guys recommend?

It can be done. I think there is a thread on honda-tech about it. 200whp is going to be about your limit on pump gas, high compression, and really good tuning. If you were to bore the engine for more displacement, I'd say 225-230 would be a guess at what is possible with a naturally aspirated setup. It's a lot easier on a turbo setup though, and cheaper.

Quoted post[/post]]
anyone know of a place where i can buy a crate engine with said HP and said work done already?

Crate Engine? :bustout: :lolhit: :)

But seriously. If you want 200whp nearly straight out of the box, you need an h22 or a k20, and be done with it. And even that route requires a bit of custom work. It's not hard to build a turbo b16 and make AT LEAST that much, that is your easiest route to reach your goal. NA takes actual effort to make those numbers. But if you want an all motor b16 that makes in excess of 200whp. Call up RLZ, I'm sure they can build you one, but it'll cost you at least an arm, maybe an arm and a leg.

Back