b16a1 in a 95 civic dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok here is the deal my boy has a 95 civic dx and he put in a b16a1 from a 91 crx sir he has it in and it started and everything but here is the problem he needs a set of axles so he was using the ones from the 91 sir which was too short and i told them they were going to be. so i told him to get axles and the intermediate shaft from a 94 + integra so he did and he said that the axles are still too short how is that possible?

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Aug 9 2004, 11:00 PM
ok here is the deal my boy has a 95 civic dx and he put in a b16a1 from a 91 crx sir he has it in and it started and everything but here is the problem he needs a set of axles so he was using the ones from the 91 sir which was too short and i told them they were going to be. so i told him to get axles and the intermediate shaft from a 94 + integra so he did and he said that the axles are still too short how is that possible?
[post=374604]Quoted post[/post]​

which side is short? one axle goes into the tranny and the other goes into the intermediate shaft.

how are they to short

do you mean they dont come far enough out to put the axle nut on the you need to POUND on the hub to make it slide all the way though

DO NOT pound on the studs if you do that becaus studs pop right out

he said that the axles are short by one inch he has the intermed. shaft from the 91 sir so it is female one the side facing the driver side but the passanger side he said is one inch too short it is 24 inches and he needs 25 inches also he was told that the axle on the 94+ integra is 23 inches and it is too short, now that was hasport talking i told him that they are tring to get you to get to buy there axles for 499.99 i told him to go to auto zone and just buy the integra axles if it doesn't work just return them but how is it that he needs axles that long?

I garantee the 94+ Integra axles work on a B 16A in a 5th gen....100%, something else is messed up.

im pretty sure he needs the 94+ intermediate shaft as well

hey he need the inermediate shaft but the problem is the one on the passager side he is saying it is too short i just don't understand it, he says that the axles he needs has to be 25 inches long and his axles are 24 inches for the pass. side so i don't know i know that mine will be on the road before his will because i learned and i listened thanks guys if you know anything about the axles being 25 inches or which axles are 25 inches so he can waste his money..shit he even bought my d series axles because he said he can run the b16 with out the intermediate shaft using those axles...i laughed my way to the bank

Back