b16A1 jdm swap into 95 Civic hatchback.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94VTecCiv28

hello all, i have a 1991 civic hatchback that i recently installed a JDM B16A1 obd0 with cable tranny into. i am now looking to remove this setup from the EF hatch, convert the engine to OBD1 and put it into my 95 civic hatch.

Question #1) i know i will need a 0bd1 distributor and ecu. what else do i need and what cars can i get the distributor out of?

Question #2) also since obd0 injectors are 5V. i will need obd1 injectors correct? and what cars will have the ones i need?

Question #3) can i use the yonaka motor mounts i bought to install the B16 into my 91 EF? or will i need different mounts?

Question #4) what ecu will i need to be running?

as far as cable/hydro tranny issues, i plan to figure out a way to keep my cable tranny and convert the car from hydro to cable without buying a 300-400 dollar kit.

other than all that does anyone see any problems with this swap?

Thanks alot guys and gals.

??

so will my mounts and shift linkage that i bought to put the B16 engine into my EF work to transfer the engine to my EG? of do i need new mounts and linkage?

Dont you need the alternator too? (I've been told that for OBD2 motor in OBD1 car) And the ECU needs to be OBD1 as well....or is there a harness for OBD1 wires to OBD0 ECU??

Sorry if this didn't help but hopefully it brings up good discussions.

Back