B16A2 00si motor into 92 civic hatch dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crazyb

I have a 92 hatch dx i bought a 00si b16a2 motor with a obd1 dizzy i heard i can file on the injectors and they will fit also is a skunk chipped p28 the best to use what engine mounts can i use i heard some of the del sol and some of the integra so i can keep ac i need a specific place like driver side or tranny which exact mounts i need also what axles i hear the 94 up integra does that mean any kind of integra axles and on the wiring i really need help with that have no clue do i use my stock civic harness and what do i plug where and where to add for vtec etc any pics would help also and is it true about the 94 up integra being the right shift linkage anyone who has the time to tell me step by step i would really appreciate it i am new to the import scene and i wanna do this myself thanks alot!

keep the swap how it is... i have a 94 coupe dx which is tha same... i did a ls swap... dont mess with tha dizzy or the injectors thats all fine how it is... the best computer to use i think is a gsr obd1 p72 with a chip. as far as motor mounts go... hasport makes the best urethane motor mounts however u can also use integra 94+ shiftlinkage and mounts.... everything should clip up from obd1 to obd2 as far as the harness goes... however u have to wire vtec which ive never done... check tha bullitin board for vtec wiring instructions although i recommend it done professionally or having someone who knowz what they are doin, do it. its not that hard to do tha swap yourself with basic knowledge... everything plugs into everything... ur going to need a different radiator hose and an ajustable clamp cuz ur stock one wont work... the tork mounts have to be combined with the ones from ur civic... that part that bolts up under tha fender u keep... the ones that bolt on the motor should be the ones from the motor... thats what i did... the exhaust piping should mount up if done correctly. i recommend u get some help from your friends whove done a swap b4... i needed a lil help from my friends when i did mine but now i understand it completely. GOOD LUCK!!!

Randxvtc, the plugs on OBD II and OBD I distributors are different, so yes, you have to change the plugs or change the distributor.

The injectors you can use the ones that are on your DX, they are the same, no need to file or alter.

Why would you use a GSR chipped or not ECU on a B16A2? Huh? You can get a P30 (B16A's ECU), or a P28 chipped that won't look for IABs, much easier to find.

Also the altenator plug is different (three wire to two wire), and the IAC I believe.

In the FAQ is an article on wiring the vtec, through out the forums are info on the other wiring hurdles.

alt on my cx was 4 wire and 00 si motor was 4 wire

and if you do not have a good idea what you are doing

dont do it

pay some money and get it done right so you dont f up your car

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Mar 19 2005, 10:51 AM
alt on my cx was 4 wire and 00 si motor was 4 wire

and if you do not have a good idea what you are doing

dont do it

pay some money and get it done right so you dont f up your car
[post=475693]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i dont think ppl understand how much money is on the line most of the time, expensive motor, if you screw it up thats big money lost.

also, i hate to keep sayin this but we see this everyday, Im gonna suggest that you really research this a bit cause by the sounds of what your saying, you are so lost right now!

but yeah read some shit, thats what you came on this site for, and its all here already!

and yes if you have a 92-95 civic with this motor YOU ARE going to need a dizzy like b16 said, and you WILL need injectors from any d series or B series motors as long as they are obd 1. and YOU WILL need a b series obd1 alternator. you can convert wiring but based on what you seem to know i dont think id tell ya to try the wiring conversion for it. like i mentioned the goal is to not "f" it up. read the rest, its good for you!

Back