b16a2/3 swap to 93'coupe, OBD PROBLEM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

r.2

i have the b16a2/3 engine from a civic 99' SI i think the engine is a OBD2, i want to swap into a 93' coupe, but the 93' is obd1??, i will need the conversion harness??, another think the tranny of the 93' can be work whit the b16a2/3 or i will need the 99' tranny???? :(

what trim of civic do you want to swap it into? if its an ex or si then you can use the stock harness and the stock ecu and just get it rechipped. if its is a dx or lx you can still use the stock harness, you just have to add a few wires for the vtec solenoid, the solenoid ground, and oil pressure sensor. you will need to get either a p30 ecu, or a p28 chipped with the p30 programs.

as far as the tranny, you will need any b-series hydro tranny. anything from a 93-97 civic del sol VTEC, 94-01 integra, or a 99-00 civic si.

you could also us the older b-series transmissions, but you would have to get a hydro to cable clutch conversion kit. these transmisions would be from USDM 90-93 integra's, or JDM 89-93 integra's and crx's.

happy swapping. :thumbsup:

you will need to do some rewiring to make the engine work with the car... search and ye shall find that info

you have to have a B series tranny with a B series engine, your '93 engine is a D series.... won't work

do some searching, and reading of other posts for a while and you will learn alot

I have the b16a ECU, but the engine is ODB2 (from a '99 SI), and the car is a '93 DX coupe OBD1 ( i THINK IS A OBD1. I AM WRONG?), i don't want to buy the conversion harness because i have all the '99 SI (is a CRASHED CAR), i want to Know if i can do the swap using a couple of wire from the '99 SI, to avoid the OBD PROBLEM

99-00 B16 .... OBD2
93 civic......... Obd1

No matter what you do you need to buy a conversion harness, IF you use the B16 ECU. If you take your EX ECU and have it chipped to run like a B16. then you don't have to buy a conversion harness. then you can sell the B16 ECU to make the money back that you spent to have it chipped.

Darin

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 18 2003, 02:55 PM
if its an ex or si then you can use the stock harness[from your '93] and the stock ecu[from your '93] and just get it rechipped[to b16 specs]. if its is a dx or lx you can still use the stock harness[from your '93], you just have to add a few wires for the vtec solenoid, the solenoid ground, and oil pressure sensor. you will need to get either a p30 ecu[obd1 from a del sol vtec, or jdm civic sir], or a p28[obd1 from a civic ex, or si(92-95)] chipped with the p30 programs.

here i added a few things to make it read more clearly.

YO, dude u is not alone in this shit, i am having a hell of a problem with my swap too. My setup is 99 Si going into 92 hatchback dx, and its a fu*kin nightmare. well, wat I have found out is U is gonna need, to go stay obd1 for the engine to stay more powerful, becuase ob1 does not require knock sensor, so instead of a wiring nightmare, u will have to go buy a 94-95 obd1 DelSol distributor for your obd1 harness to fit, .....But I still gots 1 problem, u gotta help me find how to rewire the alternator or get a b series obd1 alternator, then everything should fit. But i still need some help with vtec wiring, im not a honda guy, imma toyota guy, and this is just going to be my daily driver as i am still building my mr2 turbo...

PLEASE HELP ME??? U HONDA BOYZ!!

Originally posted by kmvue@Dec 1 2003, 01:39 PM
YO, dude u is not alone in this shit, i am having a hell of a problem with my swap too. My setup is 99 Si going into 92 hatchback dx, and its a fu*kin nightmare. well, wat I have found out is U is gonna need, to go stay obd1 for the engine to stay more powerful, becuase ob1 does not require knock sensor, so instead of a wiring nightmare, u will have to go buy a 94-95 obd1 DelSol distributor for your obd1 harness to fit, .....But I still gots 1 problem, u gotta help me find how to rewire the alternator or get a b series obd1 alternator, then everything should fit. But i still need some help with vtec wiring, im not a honda guy, imma toyota guy, and this is just going to be my daily driver as i am still building my mr2 turbo...

PLEASE HELP ME??? U HONDA BOYZ!!

:emofo:
yuo suk at teh english

"where am the crack?"

You can get a complete intake manifold (injectors, MAP, TPS, etc...) and a disributor from a 94-95 Del Sol, and you're good, you'll also need to get either, as mentioned above a P28 chipped to DOHC vtec specs, or a P30 from the Del Sol.

ok, thanks, for the info, but now I need someone to help me wire up the alternator. If anyone know how to do wiring please reply back.
Also to that BIATCH Esolsi he can go suck a nut, because my english is fine I went through 3 years of college english courses already and that was just my short hand, so that racist ass can go f**k his momma too.

To everyone else, Thanks

racist????? eat a fucking dick asshat

how in the fuck do i know what fucking race you are?????

i dont... nor do i give a fuck

i also dont give a fuck how many english courses you have taken

no one here gives a fuck about "YOUR short hand"... save that shit for talking in PMs to YOUR friends... all typing like that does is make you look like an ignorant fuck

but judging by your next post, and how quickly you tried pulling the race card... i would be forced to guess that you are just an ignorant fuck

so..... take that chip on your shoulder and go fuck yourself in your (insert your race here) ass

:whatafucktard:
:bash:

uh oh...looks like somebody's "warn" level just increased...lol

oh yeah, as far as the original topic,

you can use your stock harness. you might have to add a couplea wires.

any b-series hydro tranny.

boo-yaa!

Originally posted by kmvue@Dec 4 2003, 05:26 PM

Also to that BIATCH Esolsi he can go suck a nut, because my english is fine I went through 3 years of college english courses already and that was just my short hand, so that racist ass can go f**k his momma too.

To everyone else, Thanks

Wow, no better way to show that you are an ignorant, useless fucktard than to go and do that. I guess you is cheatn da system because if u made it thru skool liek dis yO, dan u need a refuund.

Back