B16a2 99 Si Into A 92 Si Hatch

• Thread starter civic_SI_hatch
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 931

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C

civic_SI_hatch

i got everthing on but the back mount... which mount can i use to fit? i'm having problem with the wiring...can i use my old harness from the si hatch? and whats a p28 chipp? is it from a the 92 si car? what else do i need to do? i'm lost....what ecu can i use? what more parts do i need? i got all the axles, shift linkage and all... i dont have all the harness from the 99 si... i got the ecu but the ecu but its missing a plug. help me please....

i got everthing on but the back mount... which mount can i use to fit?

use the 94/95 Del sol VTEC rear mount.... or get a rear mount from hasport... i think a 94+ integra rear mount might work as well not sure though

i'm having problem with the wiring...can i use my old harness from the si hatch?

yes

and whats a p28 chipp? is it from a the 92 si car? what else do i need to do? i'm lost....what ecu can i use?

a chipped P28 is usually setup to run a DOHC VTEC engine, it has more agressive fuel curves different VTEC change over points etc.... you can use one of these to run the B16... but get an aditional controller (apex VAFC) to tune it a little... running the P28 will also keep you from needing to run a knock sensor

i dont have all the harness from the 99 si... i got the ecu but the ecu but its missing a plug

dont worry about it you wont be able to use the Si harness for anything but swapping the plugs anyway... sell the ECU to someone with a 6th gen (OBD-2) who is swapping in a DOHC VTEC engine

use your wire harnes and you might need to extend some wires also the coolant temp switch will not plug in because the b16 has no plug and the one of your old one will not bolt up so you will have to jump the two wires togher and then the cooling fan will run in the ign on position you will also need the rear tranny mount from any b series 94 and up they cost about 120.00$ from honda you wil not have to run a knock wire and you can use your p28 ecu to run it it will run just fine but i would try to find one from a 94-95 gsr they have better fuel mapas and vtec points
chad
kaoskustoms@yahoo.com

Back