b16a2/b18c1... help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

justinkase96gsr

i have a 1996 acura integra gsr and i blew my top half so i am in the midst of putting a b16a2 head on to build the poor mans type r. i was just wondering if anyone on here has done this hybrid swap or know someone that has to hook me up with as much info on this swap as possible. i have never done this work before and am interested in doin it myself. so if anyone has any info about some problems i might run into it would be very much appreciated. thanks

are you just trying to do a head swap? basically search on how to change a headgasket. you will want to mill the head too.

read my sig for details. there are a lot of reference articles here to show you how. i would also suggest buying a haynes, helms, or chilton manual.

youd only have ot mill the head if it's not flat. i'd check it to make sure it's level if it is, thiers no reason to mill it. Take your GSR head and the B16 head and look to see if thiers any difference in oil and coolant passage location, and where the head gasket fits up to the head. If the bottoms of em look the same (they should atleast be pretty damn close) then your fine. it should be just a simple head swap. The one problem you may encounter is if you don't have the B16 Intake manifold. The GSR one will not fit on the B16 head. but the GSR exhaust manifold should bolt up fine if i remember correctly. Just do it in a clean enviroment, as little to no dust and such as possible. The very first rule to doing engine work is cleanliness. Good Luck

do i have 2 put ctr pistons in my block and run type r cams or can i just simply put that head on that block with no interal alteration.

and with the skunk 2 pro series intake and 4 to 1 dc sport exhaust header with full 2.5 inch exhaust and still using my gsr cams will it make it faster then my stock gsr. i know ill have a loss of compression with that head swap but will it really be a difference?

Back