B16a2 cams, into b18c1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98b16a2

I have a b16a2 that I was building just a short while ago, but as of recent, I inherited a 94 integra gsr. The integra needs a engine rebuild simply because the 300,000 miles on it. The engine is still strong but I just rather rebuild it now to be safe. I'm assuming that the cams have some wear on them. Can I take the cams from my b16a2 that have no wear to them and put them into my b18c1? Will this be a direct replacement or is there going to be a power loss/gain? Appreciate the information.

Thanks

b16 cams blow.. you'll see a loss in power.. id stick with your GSR cams or upgrade to CTR for about $350 at most

if it was me I would throw the GSR head on the b16, it will raise your compression and have more power than just the b16 or just the GSR
Then sell the GSR block with all the internals to someone for a few hundred.
THat's just me tho :)

thats retarded.. i would never take a b16 block over a GSR block.. .. if anything i'd put the b16 head on the GSR block

LoL, I knew someone was going to say something, rather it be you than some dumbass who couldn't put up a good argument.
Either way, if the cost is an issue I would not hesitate to throw that head on the b16, Yes, it is a downgrade in displacement, but a vast improvement in compression and airflow, I look at it as if you didn't have the b18 block, since you say it is worn out it is going to cost around 200 for you to rebuild it yourself way more to have it done somewhere, A headgasket is going to cost you 1/4th that.
But Eg6 is right, if it all boiled down to which engine I would use it would be the GSR, it may not be able to rev as high, or have that magical r/s ratio for boost, but it's got more power and is the best bang for the buck out of all the b series engines, (yah yah, ITR is better, but costs too much)
I would however Never put the b16 head on the GSR, it will lower the compression and all of the b16 heads have a lower flow rate than the GSR, If I had to piece somethign together tho, I dunno.

Why would he put the worn head on the better block. Doesn't make sense to me. It would make sense for him to put the b16 head on the gsr block. That combo is called a poor man's type r. Anyways the difference between a b16 and a type r heads is that the r has hand port and polish from the factory and a different intake. In other words the b16 and the type r head are suppose to be basically the same. The gsr is suppose to be the odd head of the b series. I never even heard some one say put the gsr head on the b16 block. It's always the other way around. For compression, all he has to do is select the type of piston he wants. This would be much better than the gsr head on the b16 block. If he has the money he can get CTR pistons and have the crank knife edged and balanced. Also for even better flow and performance get the CTR intake cam and keep the gsr exhaust cam. A friend of mine has this in a dc integra and the vtec sounds good. Sounds almost like my H22a vtec in my 94 coupe Accord.

Back