b16a2 direct bolt in??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shmailz

will a b16a2 bolt right in to a 96-2000 civic sedan?
im kind of a noob, and i need help..
thanks

Welcome to HondaSwap.

no they still came with D-series motors

unless you have a 99-00 SI, then that came with a B16A2

HASPORT makes the nicest mounting kits out there. I gyou want to swap into a EK i would suggest a B18C1. THe EK is a lot heavier than the previous civics so a little extra power would never hurt.

I could be wrong here but a B16a should bolt right into an EK with the stock motor mounts.
It did with my EG and that came with a D series.... I don't know why they would have changed the EK engine bay when they put the B into the 99-00 si

but I would recomend the GSR motor as well for an EK partially because it is alot easier to find OBD2 gsr motors than it is to find OBD2 b16a's

of course it will bolt in, it is designed for a b16a. you can use either stock mounts or Hasport replacement mounts, which I prefer, because they are alot stiffer than the stock ones. Either way though, all you have to do is get what ever parts you need from a 99-00 Si and it will fit like a glove. Oh and if you use a 92-95 OBD1 engine, you will have to buy a OBD2-OBD1 computer jumper harness. JDMHONDAPARTS.COM has them for about $120. I reccomned OBD 1 anyway, it's tunability options far exceed that of an OBD2 equipped ECU. And they are much less sensitive than OBD2. Shit OBD2 computers will set a check engine light if you even leave the gas cap off! Thank the stupid fuckin EPA for that one.

if it is 96-98 it is obdII.a
if it is 99-00 it is obdII.b
which one will you be using?

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Dec 4 2003, 10:41 AM
Shit OBD2 computers will set a check engine light if you even leave the gas cap off! Thank the stupid fuckin EPA for that one.

<-----check engine light is on because of gas cap

OBD2 equipped.

Hella gay (gas cap/check engine light).

Back