b16a2 in 89 civic STD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

warhawk

ok i have a 89 civic STD its fully built exterior and interior.. to my idea of perfection i wanted to move on to the motor... so i searched for the last year and a half.. and finally found a b16a2.. outta a 2000 si.. its got everything full harness to the WHOLE CAR axel's ecu trans even fuse box.. i mean everything. and i picked it up wit only 62,000 miles for 729$. from Chicago..

is it possible to turn my car to obd2 with all of this??or will the immobilizer stop me from doin this?? or do i just need to go down the route to send both my harnesses to rywire and have them wire it up for obd1 then buy a chipped p28 or s300hondata then a jumper harness from obd0 to obd1... and ok i understand i need si hubs for the b-series shafts. but can i use 90-93 intergra ones instead??

i believe you can use the da hubs but once installed you will definitely need an alignment. i can't recall for sure though, i'm sure someone will be able to clarify if that's not the case.

it will be a nightmare converting to obd2 so i would have to highly recommend against it. it would be many times easier to convert your stock harness from dpfi to mpfi, and then from obd0 to obd1 with a jumper harness after that.

yeah i figured that.. i was just curious if anyone might of known if it is possible.. anyone else know?? about the hubs?

Back