b16a2 in 96 ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

everyone says this is a somewhat simple swap---heres my situation---last week i spun a rod bearing in a 96 ex and i am going b now---well.....the wiring is what i am having trouble understanding.the doner motor is a usdm b16a2...o.k.---mine is a obd2a ,and the swap i am getting comes with everything,so it will have the obd2B ecu.heres my ?---i feel like an idiot on here but whatever!!!

1)the wires coming off the a2 will plug into the ecu they give me right ?
2)how about a harness coming out of my dash?where will it go ?
3)is there anymore wiring going to have to be done since im using the obd2b ecu in a obd2a car
4)if i later want to convert to obd1 and change my ecu and get a harness conversion can i just change the harness conversion out and the ecu all back to obd2b real quick
5)I THINK THIS IS ENOUGH QUESTIONS FOR NOW ---PLEASE HELP IM CONFUSED !!!!! :blink:

bump.....I'd like to see someone help him,he has wrote me some very polite e-mails and I told him hondaswap would prob be his best bet.thank's all. :p

thanks alot DETH AND EK9---the how to guide has alot of info but not the wiring ?'s that i need to know ---does anyone else have any info or links on the ?'s that i have?

your best bet is to use the EX harness and buy the obd2-obd1 conversion harness and ecu now. you will have to lengthen some wires and add Knock but i beleive thats it. I'm not familiar enough with the EK to say wether the dash harness from the EX will plug into the obd2b, but from what i have heard it will not. The link that ek9r will should show you how to convert the EX harness.

try this link: http://www.pgmfi.org/phorum/list.php?f=38

Back