B16A2 into '89 civic DX HB, mount problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chdb2005

hey everyone i'm new to the forum. I have a problem with the mounts i bought from hasport "EFB2" (mounts with hydraulic). the mounts don't seem to fit right but on their website it does say b series into 88-91 civic and CRX. The rear mount or the bracket offsets the engine over to the left (passanger side) and the right hand mount (driver side) is cut at a wrong angle "it points more toward the front of the car its not square with the engine. as for the tranz mount it's fine. is the mount kit just for the B16A and not the B16A2? is there a rear mount bracket the will set it over to the right more (driver side). and do you think i'll need the right hand braket (driver side) from a first gen?

On the crossmember that the rear mount bolts up to there should be another set of holes towards the driver's side of the vehicle...mount the billet Hasport mount on the holes that are closer to the driver's side and it should line up fine.

As far as the mount that mounts to the timing belt side of the motor being at an angle, I'm honestly not sure...Ive never noticed any differences in the B16A and B16A2 mounts, but I could be wrong...it's possible they sent you the wrong mount maybe, or you might be lining it up wrong...best thing to do would be to call Hasport when they open in the morning and ask, they're usually extremely helpful on the phone.

thats the problem, the rear mount is on the holes closer to the driver an its still to far over. i was also thinking that on the b16a the driver side bracket was at a sharper angle the reason for the mount bieng at the wrong angle on my b16a2 this is the only problem im having with this swap. thanks for the post

88-91 efs have a angled drv side mount
99-00 si's have the strait mount

you sure you have the right rear t-bracket? 90-93 integra?

cypher said:
88-91 efs have a angled drv side mount
99-00 si's have the strait mount

you sure you have the right rear t-bracket? 90-93 integra?

i have the T bracket that was sent with the engine it has the code "B18C". the mount on the engine is at an angel but not enough of one to put the mount square with the engine. do you think i might need to buy the driver side bracket from hasport for it to line up hasport also has a t-bracket do you think this might throw the engine over to where it needs to be?
people sure get back to you quick here thanks for the speedy reply guys

for the ef b series swaps we always use the 90-93 b series rear t-bracket aswell.
as for the engine mount does the mount they sent you have 3 holes?

tranny mount (3 holes), rear mount (2 holes into cross-member), T-braket(3- engine, 1-mount), drv side mount (2 holes) would it help if i was to get a picture?

Back