b16a2 into 95 civic ex.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheLaw

whats up everyone. i'm pretty much new here, but i've been checking you guys out for some time now. well, to make a long story short, my ZC(auto by the way) finally gave out on me. so i figured i'd dish out some extra bucks for an a2. i know its not the best swap out there, just looking for something a bit faster to build a bit more on. and yeah, its an auto i know. i live smack in the center of downtown nashville, which has a lot of traffic problem, so i'll just have to bite the bullet in the auto for awhile. anyway, i just have a few questions. Will the factory ex mounts support the engine, and if not which mounts should i use. Also, the same question for axles, would the ex axles work? Last question, what is shift linkage? i noticed that most of the swaps i was looking at came with this, and most didn't. just curious. i posted these questions on other sites, and no one really seemed to know what they were talking about. hopefully you guys can help me a bit more. i appreciate the advice in advanced.

Quoted post[/post]]
whats up everyone. i'm pretty much new here, but i've been checking you guys out for some time now. well, to make a long story short, my ZC(auto by the way) finally gave out on me. so i figured i'd dish out some extra bucks for an a2. i know its not the best swap out there, just looking for something a bit faster to build a bit more on. and yeah, its an auto i know. i live smack in the center of downtown nashville, which has a lot of traffic problem, so i'll just have to bite the bullet in the auto for awhile. anyway, i just have a few questions. Will the factory ex mounts support the engine, and if not which mounts should i use. Also, the same question for axles, would the ex axles work? Last question, what is shift linkage? i noticed that most of the swaps i was looking at came with this, and most didn't. just curious. i posted these questions on other sites, and no one really seemed to know what they were talking about. hopefully you guys can help me a bit more. i appreciate the advice in advanced.
The "a2" is from the 99-00 Civic Si. The a2 is not the same as the SiR II.
Either will fit, but depending on which one you meant, you will need other mount brackets.
No the EX axles won't work, you will need 94-01 Integra axles.
Shift linkage is the linkage that shifts the car's gears.
(From your shift knob to the transmission)
You will need 94-01 integra shiftlinkage (or if the swap comes with it, that will work too)
Clear up whether you are getting a;
JDM B16A SiR2
USDM B16A2

I have done a couple JDM B16A SiRII swaps. Be sure you get OEM linkage with the swap. The last one had shit linkage.

If you're going to stick with auto, you're not going to use the same shift linkage as everyone else. I don't know how autos wire up, but you'll probably just have some plug that you'll have to adapt to your current wiring to get it all to behave. You'll also want to get one of the JDM automatic transmissions, because the only automatic B series transmission you can get here that will bolt into your Civic is from the GS/LS Integra- and it has really tall gears.

As for mounts- there is a diagram in the reference section that shows you what OEM mounts give a direct bolt-in for 92-95 Civics. You can use that, but you'll have to do something different (probably) for the transmission mount. The manuals and the automatics are different.

Back