B16a2 into 99 civic Ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99EJ8

First all of whats up guys im new my names cody but yah i recently just bought a 1999 b16a2 and im swappin it in to my 99 civic ex i was just wonderin what motor mounts to use, im thinking Si going off of your 6th gen basic swap over view but then i get confused cause it says use some of the rubbers that were on the old mounts, and its sayin that the si ac bracket wont work and i need a del sol one so maybe some of you guys can clear all this up for me thank you .

cody

:search:

been answered 100x del sol bracket you can use si mounts but i wouldn't but aftermarket ones

Originally posted by mdlax1@Aug 3 2004, 11:21 AM
been answered 100x del sol bracket you can use si mounts but i wouldn't but aftermarket ones
[post=371932]Quoted post[/post]​

... :blink: huh??

what you'll need is the the SI front tranny bracket, driver side bracket, and rear bracket. The top tranny bracket can be used off of your stock motor. and like you said a DOHC del sol AC bracket. you can use all your stock mounts ( meaning the actual mount 'rubber part' the brackets are the peices that bolt to the block). But as Eric said you sould buy some aftermarket rubber.

Alrite i went to honda today to get some parts and the guy behind the counter is tellin me that my power steering pump from my ex wont work ? is that true or is that guy talkin out his ass ?

well you should be using the one from a SI. Your d-series pump and bracket are not going to bolt to the SI block. As well as anything else. No D-series specific parts will bolt to the B-series block.

So the ex pump wont work on the si bracket ?

Originally posted by 99EJ8@Aug 3 2004, 06:30 PM
So the ex pump wont work on the si bracket ?
[post=372131]Quoted post[/post]​

yep. When I did my swap, I wanted to keep it clean and not remove the PS, also keeping the fluid from going EVERYWHERE. I found a way to remove and drop in the engine without disconnecting the PS pump from the lines. I then tried to bolt it up with no luck. oh well, then looped it 5 minutes later. You need a b series PS pump

also, I recommend not going to honda for all of those brackets. Its going to cost you a ton. search on Honda-tech classifieds or junkyards or somewhere like that. Spending 70 a bracket is just horrible.

Alrite thanks man and thanks to everyone else who has replied and helped me out.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Aug 4 2004, 08:24 AM
if you cant' find the brackets/mounts go to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com it's still pricy but cheaper the the dealer.
[post=372430]Quoted post[/post]​

Yah i ordered em all from there thanks man

Back