b16a2 into a 91 CRX (mounts)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Onimud

Well i just got a wrecked Del Sol from a friend. It has a new B16a2 engine in it (19k miles) with the hydro tranny. im planning on putting this into my CRX, just got rid of a b18a that crapped out on me. I know hasport makes a EFB2 mount set up for the hydro tranny but i have a set of EFB1's from the b18a sitting in my garage. Im wondering if it is possible to use these mounts in place of the EFB2 hasport mounts and if so what all i would have to fabricate to get the mounts to work , ( i have a machine shop at my disposal to make certain parts) but thats only if needed. What all would be wrong with using the EFB1's ? The engine is still in the del sol , i havent been able to find them time to take it out to see how it would fit... any help would be appriciated ... just dont want to spend another $500+ on mounts. thank you....

well, all you will need is the ef hydro trans mount kit (right mount and hydro conversion) from hasport. and you can use the rest of the mounts (rear and left) off of the b18. "Don't forget to take the left engine mount bracket off of the b18".

Back