b16a2 into an ek... revving issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delacampos

motor: b16a2
car: 96 dx hatch
ecu: chipped p28 with conversion harness
problem: car will not rev past 3k or so.

Initially, the car was in limp mode or so I thought. Vtec pressure switch wire was in the wrong place. Car started fine but had a CEL #22, would not rev past 3k, idle was flucturating a little and was dumping a lot of fuel. I fixed the wire and reset the ecu. Upon restarting, the CEL went away and car was starting/idling fine. I also put a set of fresh plugs in the car as the others were fouled out due to all the fuel that was being dumped. Took it down the street for a test run and the car revved up as it should. When returning though, it started acting up again. Same problem- can't rev it up, just bogging at about 3k.

Figuring it might be the tps sensor, I swapped out the throttle body with a known working one and upon starting the car its idling like shit and will not rev past 3k or so still. In addition to this, I have swapped out the distributor and ecu with known working ones. what else could it be? Timing is perfect. However, the new plugs i put in are fouled out once again from too much fuel. any ideas? thanks!

do you have a high flow pump? what did you do right before this happend? could it be the ecu? I could be alot of things but kinda give us a low down of the most recent things you have done.

did this happen right after the swap was done or was this something totally random after having the car for a while?

i had the same exact problem.. b18c1 in ek.. couldnt find out what was wrong.. so i took it to a local shop.. said it was the wiring.. and that my vtec wasnt wired correctly.. all i know..

srange since you normally get a cel right away when its the vtec wiring.

do you have a fuel pressure regulator? if so maybe its set too high? maybe

Back