B16A2 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speg93

hey everyone

ok so i got my B16A2(going into my 92 HB)...my question is i cant do a manual tranny swap right now.....is there a auto tranny i can use???? everyones help would greatly appriciated

Its probably not impossible, but if you want it to be a 5 speed eventually why do all of that work twice?? I would just wait till you can do it right the first time. You would probably be changing stuff back and forth. The manual conversion isnt very difficult anyways, nor expensive for the parts. So take my advice and swap that hatch. Good luck.

i dont have the time do the complete swap right now and i need the car when may comes around i should be all good to do the manual conversion. what auto tranny do you think i should be able to use

The only auto b series tranmission that comes to mind is the integra automatic. But there could be computer issues. Im not positive but the ecu pretty much controls the transmission such as when to shift and so on. But I am not aware of any ecus at least from the USA that are designed for the dohc vtec engine with auto tranmission. I think getting a auto transmission on a dohc vtec engine was a option in japan so maybe you could find a ecu on ebay or somewhere like that from japan. Otherwise a obd1 p28 that is for a automatic would work, but then again the fuel and ignition maps are not for the b16. You dont want to cause any harm to your new engine by throwing on the wrong ecu, so maybe you should consider doing all of this at once. The auto to manual conversion is only going to add maybe 5-6 hours of time to your swap.

That would be the most logical thing to do. To be honest with you, you would probably spend more time trying to make a automatic b series swap work correctly then to do the manual conversion. Here is a mount you will need for you b series because the passenger side frame rail mount is positioned differently on a automatic chasis Innovative Mounts - Product Info This works for a hydralic transmission only. You might as well get all the other mounts you need from them also.

Question Would My B16 Of A Del Sol With A Hydro Tranny Fit On My 1991 Integra Da With A Cable Tranny And Wat Would I Have To Get To Make It Fit And How Much Would It Cost

Back