b16a2 swap to 90 DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1nt3gra

ok, i just started on this site hoping to find answers. i've got a ls motor with a cable tranny, stock. i'm wanting to swap a b16a2 out of a 2000 civic si. how would i go by changing from cable to hydro? and is there anything i need to change since i'm going from non-vtec to vtec? its a full swap, ecu, tranny, axles, the whole nine yards.

I'd like to ask why a B16 in a teg (before someone else flames you too hard for it).. ?

There are guides to changing cable to hydro everywhere, do some looking, especially around this site. I don't know the information off hand, but I'm 100% confident I could find it in a short amount of time via searching google and here. You could even look at the information pertaining to a hydro B18.

the only reason i'm going from an ls to b16 is because i have a rod knock, and a buddy of mine is givng me the motor, cause his civic just totalled

Cool deal. Good luck. Should be an easy swap. Just wire vtec, alteast :)

i wasnt meaning that's it, only vtec...i mean, your talking completly different wiring harnesses....OBD2b -> OBD0.

use the civic harness, the civic ecu, you'll have some error codes tho because you wont have some of the sensors the civic had, if i'm thinking correctly. i dont remember if the fuel tank pressure sensor will throw a code. you may also need to fab some custom shift linkage, not sure. g'luck!

o, well thanx for the advice, i'll do some searching. and hopefully everything will go according to plan.

Back