b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rowdyrivera

they bottom end just went out on my 99 SiR B16A2. What should I do? I had just had the head redone. Whats the easiest and most cost efficient way to fix this? Is there any way to get another block that bolts right up? Or does anyone have one for sale?:confused:

you can pretty much use ANY b-series block (except for the early preludes). you can build an ls-vtec, get another b16 bottom end, or b20, etc etc.

You will need a Ls Vtec kit, B20 head gasket and GSR water and timg belt. I would just ge a GSR bottom end. They can be found pretty easy and cheap. A GSR block will bolt right up, give you more displacement, hp and tq.

You will need a Ls Vtec kit, B20 head gasket and GSR water and timg belt. I would just ge a GSR bottom end. They can be found pretty easy and cheap. A GSR block will bolt right up, give you more displacement, hp and tq.

No it wont. You'll make less HP using a B16 head on a GSR block. Reason being it will drop compression a few points. Less CR = Less HP

No it wont. You'll make less HP using a B16 head on a GSR block. Reason being it will drop compression a few points. Less CR = Less HP

A GSR block will give more hp than a B16 block. A stock B20 will give you close to the same hp as a GSR but more tq. Port the B16 head while i is off and slap it on a GSR block with some ITR pistons. Poor mans Type R build. The lower CR on the B16 head is made up with the better flow of the B16 head. Honda used the b16 head on the Type R for its high flowing characteristics.

Last edited:
Back