b16a3 in 99 Si???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FutureITRCiv

A friend of mine owns a 99 Civic Si. not too long back he blew his motor. He purchased a replacement, but for some reason they sent him the b16a3 from the del sol. his car ran fine for a good week or 2, now it seems to have no power gain at all, especially where vtec is supposed to kick in. could this have anything to do with the obd 1 -> obd 2 wiring ?

yeah it probably does. I don't think that it would have even pluged together. the distributor wires would all be different. so I am suprised that it runs. tell him to purchase the OBD1 /2 conversion harness. I think that would take car of it. I am not positive though. what do you mean no power gain. can you even feel the vtec? does it through any check engine codes?

Darin

im not sure at all really. i just know he sent it to the shop, they did all the work, and he got it back. its now overheating too. i just think he tore the hell out of it and blew another head gasket. i figure the shop knows all these things and probably did the job right, but that shop is also known for sabotage :(

Originally posted by blkhonda2000si@Apr 15 2004, 01:35 AM
B16a3 is that from the del sol si?????

No the Si had the D16Z6, the B16A3 was in the vtec model.

Back