B16A3 into an 92 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gablagloire

Hello everyone, I have just purchased a 92 integra and for some reason it has a B16A3 engine under the hood. What are the advantages of this? I love the Vtec, but think that the 1.8L engine would of been a bit more powerfull and mod worthy.

let me know what you think.

ok, thats what i thought.

What about the LEGAL part? I live in california. Do you think I have to REF the car, or should it just pass smog?

it will have to be reffed (that engine isnt a huge deal since it is an american engine). As long as there is a p30 ecu and all the parts are stock (and there) on the engine, you should be fine.

Last time i went to REF a damn car, the guy was really strict about every little detail, then like 4 days later, my car was stolen! so now i have this integra.
At least i dont have to smog for another 2 years.

So far, it has DC headers, K&N filter, and the rest is stock.

does anyone have a diagram of exactly how the engine should be stock? I happen to have the manual for the integra engine, but not the B16A3 del sol engine.

ok cool, i PM'd him.

Anyone know why someone would go through all this trouble to add just a few hp to their car?

(i bought the car like this)

got your pm and i replied.. i see its for a 92 teg.. well, to tell you the truth.. i'm not sure.. if it were a 92 civic i could tell you what you need to do.. oh and if the carb # and part # for any aftermarket part doesnt match the car/motor then it will fail

Well, i ordered the K&N filter, and i know 100% that the carb number is correct, but for the headers, It has no carb sticker! i got the car in this condition, and i guess i have to buy new headers.

if its a DC header then it'll be carb legal.. and have a tag welded on the 2nd pipe. and the part # is on the flange inbetween pipe 2 and 3.. yes, they check that stuff.. i had a header on that the carb # matched and it had an acura part # so he failed me..

wow,am i glad i live in a state where they just look at ur brakes, headlights, and turnsignals! if they work your good to go for another year. Dont think i'll be moving out to the westernside of the country anytime soon.

shit, then i better check the number, i know it says DC headers on the bottom near the cat. does it say the CARB number there? my car is lowered so its a bit hard to tell just from looking under and it would be nice to know this before jacking the car up. thanks!

i'd look for a part #.. the carb #s should be the same for b-series

Acura header will start with AH
Honda header will start with HH

and it'll be on the flange that connects to the head

I now have a bigger problem. My car makes a loud noise when i hit the gas but does not have power at all!!!! i hit the gas fully on the freeway and it goes up to 60mph and not any faster. Do you think that it could be the headgasket that was already bad?

ok thanks! because i do have an extra throttle body and will change it today, i will let you knor if it works better.

new problem. there is a beeping noise in the car after i change the seats, yes i did hook up the wires from the seatbelt box. but when the passenger door is opened, the beeping stops! what is going on?

I changed the throttle body, but there are no hoses to run to anything on it except the intake, the car never had anything connected. how do i correct this?

the bottom of the intake has the tps but no hoses go to it. Where do these hoses go to? what do i do?

Back