B16a3 Swap 1997 Civic Ex Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lee7pcNOOb

Hey guys, my D16y8 Vtec Died after 150k on it and recently ordered a JDM B16A3(Or as the guy describe a B16A2 1999-2000 SI) complete swap.(axles engines ecu...etc just drop and go) I searched the forums and have no doubts about whether it will fit or not. The guy that i was ordering it from couldnt answer some specific questions that i had and i was wondering if you guys could give me a little insight.

JDM B16A3(99-00SI?) --> 1997 Honda Civic EX
#1- Will the axles that come with the swap fit into the 96-00 civic ex hub? i know the engine side inputs will be different.

#2- will the shift linkage thats coming with the swap fit on my model without any modifications?

#3- After checking this site i found out that my model was OBD2,(1997 CIVIC EX US), The guy i was ordering it from over the phone insisted that i get the B16A3. Do i need to get a different wiring harness or can i use the same one?

I know that some of these questions can be answered by reading the forums but im really confused about the gens and OBD's etc because the guy confused me so much. I would like to thank anyone who can give me some good insight. Ill be willing to donate through paypal to this website.

1997 ex transmission, clutch etc avalible if anyone needs them just pay for shipping =) Thx again.

Your ex harness is perfect for any b series engine and will need only slight modification to make it fit the motor. When i did it all i had to do was cut back some of the wrapping so that the wires would stretch farther to their respective locations. Second, jdm motors do not have numbers. B16's are B16a, Gsr's are b18c and type r's are also b18c. Now, if he was using b16a3 as a reference for the car that the motor came from then he was reffering to a del sol dual cam vtec. However i think he meant a second gen b16 or usdm b16a2. The shift linkage from this motor will work fine in your civic but if it is a del sol motor the linkage is too short and will not work for you. also any b series axels will work in your car.

Hey Thx man, one other question, the swap is a complete with all the axles etc... but it does not come with the guage cluster would my stock guage cluster work just fine?
once again thx for the help.

Hey Thx man, one other question, the swap is a complete with all the axles etc... but it does not come with the guage cluster would my stock guage cluster work just fine?
once again thx for the help.

Yes, your stock gauge cluster will work without any modifications.

Back