b16b block with a gsr crank?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just bought a car it has a b16b bottom end and a gsr head....i have a good gsr crank layin around..someone told me i could a put a gsr crank and a set of typeR rods and use the CTR pistons...is it just a simple crank and rod swap or do i have to do anything else to the bottom end.do i have to worry about clearences?..is it worth?....would a ls crank be better?

thanks

I maybe wrong, but since the B16b is the same size block as the ITR, it should just be a straight swap.

Originally posted by 92Gsrhatch@Jul 16 2004, 01:31 AM
just bought a car it has a b16b bottom end and a gsr head....i have a good gsr crank layin around..someone told me i could a put a gsr crank and a set of typeR rods and use the CTR pistons...is it just a simple crank and rod swap or do i have to do anything else to the bottom end.do i have to worry about clearences?..is it worth?....would a ls crank be better?

thanks

your comp will be high but fine

is it worth doin....is there a big difference between the ls crank and the gsr crank? so ill be fine on just pump gas?

Originally posted by 92Gsrhatch@Jul 15 2004, 10:47 PM
is it worth doin....is there a big difference between the ls crank and the gsr crank? so ill be fine on just pump gas?

from what i understand if you use the LS crank you cannot use the oil squirters. i know in my R block with just the b18cR crank the counter weights are damn close the squirters as it is now. what octane is your pump gas where you're at? if tuned properly you would be fine.

the ls delivers a tad more stroke over the gsr/itr crank, not worth it in my opinion. Stick with the gsr crank you have.

Originally posted by B16+Jul 16 2004, 10:19 AM-->
92Gsrhatch
@Jul 15 2004, 10:47 PM

from what i understand if you use the LS crank you cannot use the oil squirters. i know in my R block with just the b18cR crank the counter weights are damn close the squirters as it is now. what octane is your pump gas where you're at? if tuned properly you would be fine.

My LS crank knocked my GSR oil squirters off, even after we had modified them to clear.

Should. The LS crank will too- just be careful around those oil squirters. You might have to bend them out of the way a little. Make sure you use the proper rod length to match the crank too.

It will work well, just make sure and plastigage all of your bearing clearances and you should be fine. You also may want to bring the block to a machine shop and check to see if any of the cylinders are out of round, and get the block decked. I am doing the same thing right now. The engine is all together just waiting for hondata and some injectors.

Back