B16B in EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Is swapping a B16B ctr engine into an ek straight bolt on ? Or does it require some mods to fit ?

The motor by itself doesn't just bolt in and run, you need all the other parts, mounts, linkage, tranny, etcc...but yea, it is a pretty straightforward swap once you get hte parts together.

My major concern would be the mounts cause if i get a half cut i`ll have everything.
Just wanted to know if there is any welding to do

No, frame modification is not needed.

just make sure you get some mounts and you are good to go it will drop in and you can have it running as long as you have the wiring hooked up right you should be good!

Just to make sure... if i get a 99 CTR jdm half cut, and wanna swap everything onto my 96 hatch .. the engine mountings will be the same right ?
Only diff from 96 to 99 are bonnet, fenders headlamps and front frame .. nothing that has to do with engine mounting .. correct me if i`m wrong.

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Apr 20 2005, 04:27 PM
Just to make sure... if i get a 99 CTR jdm half cut, and wanna swap everything onto my 96 hatch .. the engine mountings will be the same right ?
Only diff from 96 to 99 are bonnet, fenders headlamps and front frame .. nothing that has to do with engine mounting .. correct me if i`m wrong.
[post=489290]Quoted post[/post]​

it will come with the mounts and brackets you need and the linkage you will be in good shape

Back