B16B into an 00 SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sillvercross

Ok i'm in the middle of the swap and I am in need of some assistance.

I have an extra vtec plug from my SI Harness. It is the VTEC pressure switch. Is the B16B supposed to have this switch? If so I can swap vtec's w/ my old motor.

The B16B has no EVAP crap. Do I need it? I'm kind of lost in this area. Does the B18C5 have any evap stuff? What do i do with it, and what does it do for me?

I have an extra sensor on the Intake manifold (I believe it's on the second runner). It looks like an air temp sensor. As far as I know my SI wire harness doesn't have it. Any thoughts on this?

P.S. I've never swapped a motor out before. lol Are there any articles or pictures on swaping a B18C5 or B16B into an si? Thanx for the help.

Extra VTEC plug? Huh? Are you sure that's what it is?
You don't have to use the evap purge solenoid but it's an emissions deal that allows gasoline vapors to be introduced to the intake manifold during cold start up. Supposed to help it run cold. Pretty sure the c5 has that feature.
It may be the iat sensor connector. You should have that on either engine.
I suggest you go to AutoZone or somewhere and get a manual for that engine(one that includes the b16a2 will work) so you can look at the wiring diagrams and compare what you have to the diagrams. That will tell you exactly what connectors you are looking at.

Quoted post[/post]]
Extra VTEC plug? Huh? Are you sure that's what it is?
You don't have to use the evap purge solenoid but it's an emissions deal that allows gasoline vapors to be introduced to the intake manifold during cold start up. Supposed to help it run cold. Pretty sure the c5 has that feature.
It may be the iat sensor connector. You should have that on either engine.
I suggest you go to AutoZone or somewhere and get a manual for that engine(one that includes the b16a2 will work) so you can look at the wiring diagrams and compare what you have to the diagrams. That will tell you exactly what connectors you are looking at.

Ok thanks. I figured out what the extra vtec plug was. lol

Back