1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B17 Integra need advice.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ihatemyprelude, Aug 14, 2010.

1. ihatemyprelude

ihatemyprelude New Member

Ocala, FL
    Hey guys i just bough a 91 B17 gsr integra for 700 buck, astec green. It was hit in the back and is fixable but car needs to be redone with paint ect.. its pretty rough. I was thinking about parting the car out and a friend offered to trade me a B18B worth $400 a Gsr head with 2 bent valves need mechine shop to rebuild it.. But i say i could sell that for 500+ on ebay. An a D16Y8 head along with a worthless Ys1 LS tranny. I just want to know if that is worth it, that gsr head is kinda ate up so i would need to invest at least 200. My B17a has 145k miles its complete with a/c ect.. just want to know if my price for 1400 is worth it for the B17? And how much these motors are going for today? I know they are rare but the B18c is better imo..

Thanks for the help, Nick.
  2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

New Jersey
    That YS1 Tranny is not an LS tranny. It's a cable GSR tranny. I say fix the car and keep it. B18Cs are a dime a dozen. 2nd gen GSRs are getting rarer and rarer. Post up some pics of it.
Draft saved Draft deleted