B18 c5(type r)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almightyaccord

OK i have a 1992 Honda accord 4dr SE. So i want to know is it possible to drop in a b18c5 which is the type r motor into my accord. If so what do i need to do to the car to make the motor fit and work properly or if i shouldnt even both with this idea. Now i bet everyone is wondering why i am asking this, well ... its because i can get this motor clean and with legit papers for dirt cheap off a good friend of mine that will sell it to me cheap. So i am asking one is it possible and two what will i need to drop it in and also if anyone has seen it done and have pics can u please post it or email it to me at Almightyaccord@aol.com Well thats it

You'd have to make custom mounts to get it to fit. No one makes mounts to drop a B-series into a 90+ Accord/92+ Prelude. Probably because it's worthless.

Oh yeah, I think the B18C5's only came OBD2. So you'd have to deal with the OBD conversion as well.

And strip out a few hundred pounds from you Accord, so the low torque output from the 1.8L engine could pull around your Accord.

Sell your accord and get a hatch IMO if you want that motor.

Originally posted by almightyaccord@Oct 13 2003, 12:14 AM
i am getting the motor for 600 and its the motor, trans, ecu, and wiring harness

Wow $600 for all that!! Something does not seem right here!

no it is not stolen it is from a friend of mine and the funny thing is a he is a minister that likes cars. And no there is nothing wrong with the motor like i seen it work before they took it out. and he is just kind and doesent want to rip me off. So i guess i got really lucky!!

Originally posted by almightyaccord@Oct 13 2003, 11:55 AM
no it is not stolen it is from a friend of mine and the funny thing is a he is a minister that likes cars. And no there is nothing wrong with the motor like i seen it work before they took it out. and he is just kind and doesent want to rip me off. So i guess i got really lucky!!

well if he has papers, and if your going turbo, tell him that I may be intrested.

Back