1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18 Engines - A lil help!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by CRXDRESOL, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRXDRESOL

CRXDRESOL Junior Member

Hi there, I'm from the UK but I am coming to you guys for some much needed advice...

I have a Honda CRX Del Sol with a B16a engine but I am changing it to a B18... I am currently in search and have come across a B18c4... (the euro version) and apparantly it is 170bhp (roughly)....

Although I have heard the b18 and b18c5 which are supposed to be more around the 197-210bhp mark...

I would be happy to go for the B18c4 as I have found it, but to get it to the b18 or b18c5's performance would it just require one of their ECU's or is there differences in the engines themselves? I would really, really appreciate the help and I am now confused and clueless...

Thanks all

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

There is a variety of factors that change the hp of a B-series engine, such as compression and how well the head flows. I don't know a whole lot about the B18c4 but you can compare the other B-series engines here. http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29825

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Changing the ECU won't give you any more performance, except maybe make you run a little rich. The engines have a LOT of differences that make the power difference. The B18C5 has higher compression pistons, a better intake manifold, a better flowing head, and better cams than the other B18C's.

4. CRXDRESOL

CRXDRESOL Junior Member

Hmmm... so would def be worth waiting until I find a B18c5 instead of settling for the B18c4 then... I didnt realise there was that much between em, but I was obviosuly wrong, thankyou very much for your help all of you!

5. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

B18C4 ??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

6. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Yup. EDM, y0!

7. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

yea EDM version of a GSR.

I personally would just take the C4, that motor still has plenty of potential and will be cheaper.

8. civicboy1

civicboy1 New Member

i have a b18b1 in my integra. you might say im young and dumb but i like my car and want to keep the engine it has in it. my only problem is i dont really know what to do next t get the best perfomance. please help me.

9. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

closed. This topic is A YEAR OLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.