1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18 Interchangeable Replacement parts?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Aquariust, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquariust

Aquariust Junior Member

Hello All,
    Just purchased a B18a out of a 91 teg ls. It is missing the alternator, distributor, fuel rail, and the exhaust manifold.

I was wondering if anyone knows what parts are are interchangable, for instance, can a distributor from a 94 gsr work on this engine?

Or less detailed, for instance, will parts from a b18c work on a b18a. What years are interchangeable, for instance are b18's from 91 the same as in 97?

Are any of the parts interchangable with 88-89 tegs, like the distributor?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-John

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

it all depends on which parts u need the gsr distro will not work for the motor u have because it is obd1 and the motor u have is obd0 or pre obd and im not positive but as far as i know most parts that matter performance wise will not work from b18c to what u have...also no 91 to 97 is not the same like said before 91 is obd0 and 97 is actually obd2 and as far as the 88-89 tegs go i dotnt think anythingis interchangable that isworthwile

3. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Please refer to our FAQ. There is no need to post your topic more than once.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue your question in the other thread that you started.

Thanks, Moderating Team

:locked2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.