b18 ls turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darkstar26

i have 89 crx hf with a d16 turbo in it now i have a b18 ls with a t3/t4 turbo kit for it i want to get 450 to 500 hp out of it so what i need to know is what to do to the moter internels to get me ther pistons cams and all that good stuff

450-500..hmmm well be prepared to spend some dough. Ill list a motor I just built for someone it made 453 hp I forget tq but it was in the high 300s.oh and was ls/vtec ill give you the LS equivalent. Top end, crower turbo cams, and supporting mods ie dual springs etc. Race ported and polished head with 5 angle valve job. Jg edelbrock intake manifold. Aftermarket cam gears. bottom end, sleeved block, 85mm bore, forged rods and pistons, acl race bearings, crower forged crank. Turbo should be at minimum the equivalent of a GT35r you will not meet your goal with the turbo you have now. High efficency intercooler, ebay won't do. Supporting fuel mods, pump and min. 1000cc injectors, hondata engine management,a professional tune. 5 bar map sensor. Oh and to get the power to the ground a quaife lsd. There is lots I've forgotten. Start there. I can tell you you will be looking in the 8-10k range if you have a shop do everything, you can save a bit if you do the swap yourself I can tell you I built the motor aported the head and I charged 5900 and it was a buddy of mine. Other shops were gonna charge him 6900 for same thing without install. Good lucknd

weve got between 7-9 grand in the car(including purchse price of car, 3300) we built and its around 340 give or take, weve got more room to go but we just got her all finished so were still tweaking some things, our set up is an LS/Vtec. Our set up consists of B16 head, Skunbk2 intake manifold, decked, dual valve springs on the intake side, SS valves, titanium retainers, JDM ITR cams, LS block, bored to 81.5, Wiseco 9.5:1 pistons, Eagle H beam rods, ARP rod bolts, New rings. Precision SC61 turbo, inlinepro manifold, 880cc injectors. Custom made by LHT performance 3 inch downpipe with an E-cut out leading to a 3 inch thermal research and dynamics exhaust all the way back. Tuned on Hondata s300. Its expensive to go fast!

Before our rebuild, it was a bone stock LS, only mods were Edelbrock Victor X intake manifold, and 550cc injectors, using a precision sc60 turbo, we put down 270 HP. We rode on that for about 6-7 months until we got chips in the ringlands and started blowing oil out of the exhaust

Back