B18 swap vs ZC swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90Civicym

I've owned 3 civic's in the last couple years and i've always wanted a motor swap, I've always been a beleiver of the integra type r swap but a few friends that have civic's tell me the ZC swap is better for my 1990 Civic, what is the HP of each motor and the pro's/con's of one over the other? appreciate any comments and help that is given from the more knowledgable members or if there is a better swap then either of which i've mentioned, let me know, like to get a motor in soon so i can start building it up to ahve ready by summer

your friends tell you that the ZC swap is better than the Type R swap? slap your friends, they are stupid.

sure, the r swap will cost more, but it has nearly 200 hp, right there is a PRO over the ZC. But, if cost is an issue, then the ZC, well fuck the ZC, the any B series will be better than thte ZC. If im not mistaken the ZC has about 130 HP, I think.

so, the cons of the B swap is cost, thats pretty much it though. the cons of the ZC outweight the B, by far. At least in my opinion.

Quoted post[/post]]
your friends tell you that the ZC swap is better than the Type R swap? slap your friends, they are stupid.

sure, the r swap will cost more, but it has nearly 200 hp, right there is a PRO over the ZC. But, if cost is an issue, then the ZC, well fuck the ZC, the any B series will be better than thte ZC. If im not mistaken the ZC has about 130 HP, I think.

so, the cons of the B swap is cost, thats pretty much it though. the cons of the ZC outweight the B, by far. At least in my opinion.

thanks for the info, i also did some looking around to get information on the engines and couldnt understand why they would say the ZC is better over the Type R, money isn't an issue, also what is the best axle, suspension and transmission combo to go with the Type R swap? im' going to presume that you'd want those from the Type R as well?

axles,intermediate shaft, transmission i believe you can use all that from the type r. however you'll need to convert the car to a hydro actuated clutch whereas the ed is cable, just a small detail look at hasport for a solution. remove the image from you sig, images arent allowed

ZC=Dirt cheap, easy to install, hard to get parts for, I know I have one.
B18=More power, more money, more hassel to install, more easy to find parts for.

economically speaking, the integra type R B18C5 is not the way to go - way overpriced - you can get the integra GSR B18C1 for $2000 less, which is more than enough money to mod the engine to pick up the 20hp difference and then some

Quoted post[/post]]
economically speaking, the integra type R B18C5 is not the way to go - way overpriced - you can get the integra GSR B18C1 for $2000 less, which is more than enough money to mod the engine to pick up the 20hp difference and then some

:werd:

I have both motors,had a DOHC Zc in my '93 hatch and the Type R motor in my 95 Integra.

The R is pretty sweet,but cramming it into an OBD-0 car IMO is a pain in the ass and costly.

Depends on what type of power you are looking for out of your car. The Zc will pull your civic around just fine, the R will just do it quicker. The R is costly and is not a snap to drop in where as the Zc is basically a plug n play motor for your civic,plus you can use your current transmission with the Zc, if need be.

thanks again fro the great information you're really helping me gain some insight and i'm fairly sure what im' going with, anfd that'd be the b18, i want the power, for the price issue maybe the 20 hp diff an 2000 price tag diff is the smarter choice, its not a big deal to make up the 20 hp that lost be saving 2000, what do you guys think of dealin with hmotors and hasport to get most of the items needed for the swap, or are there cheaper more reliable sources to get them

Quoted post[/post]]
axles,intermediate shaft, transmission i believe you can use all that from the type r. however you'll need to convert the car to a hydro actuated clutch whereas the ed is cable, just a small detail look at hasport for a solution.
what else am I goin to need to grab from the integra to easily make the swap? just feels like i'm missing something

GSR into an EF

Motor, Trans, ECU, axles, wiring harness, mounts, linkage, OBD jumper harness, a small piece of flexpipe to line your exhaust mani/header up w/the converter

once its in, you have to run wires for Vtec and the secondaries in the throttle body (I think its 7 wires total)

awesome thanks fro the help guys i reall a ppreciate pointing me in the right direction so that it is done correctly the first time. I'm looking forward to the fun this is goin to be and can't wait for the end result it's goin to be worth it. and again everything i need should mostly be available throuhg hasport and hmotors

awesome thansk alot for all the great help guys. As I need more help I'm sure to come ask you guys. I can't wait to see this car done! This motor will own once it's done

Back