b18 to b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

00 racing

I have a 93 acura and it has a b18 in it now. Wondering if i can take that out and put a b16 vtech in . Will it bolt in car with no prob also will vtech computer plug right in to the harnes that is in the car now? thank s.

Hey I'm in the process of swapping in a b17 into my 93 right now. You can read my thread on b17 questions in this forum. First off not all obd 1 cars are created the same. My engine harness off the b17, which is a b16 with a different crank and rods, connected right up to the DA obd1 chassis harness, HOWEVER, not a single wire lined up across the connector. Your ECU should be set up for any obd1 ecu vtec or not the pin outs are the same. I did notice my DA didn't have a Blu/blk wire for the vtec pressure switch and a Red/blu wire for the knock sensor. Maybe the Japan XSI Integras are more compatible I'm not sure. In my opnion it would be best to get the whole front clip, then you get RHD too! Good Luck, it ain't an easy motor swap.

Keep in mind the b16 only has 20 more horse than what you got now. It will get better power and mpg but that is a serious hassel for a couple of thousand dollars. LS/Vtec is always a good way to go, but you still have the wiring headach to go through. My DA had no engine, it started off as something to practice boady work and painting, then I came across a wrecked 92 gsr. The engine swap took three weeks, and I had the whole car with every part I needed.

Thats good to know. What i dont get is some people tell me it will all plug up with no prob and some people say it will bolt in but wire ing will be the big ishue. The 20 more horse would be nice to have concidering it is our race car the moter is going into. Is there anyone who sells whole wire ing harneses as a kit for the vtec moters? Thanks.

If your going to run a LS tranny with the B16 its not really worth the hassle. Its super easy, I really dont know why everybody is saying its hard.

All you will need to wire is the vtec and knock sensor. Make sure you have a OBD1 Pr3 or P30 ecu.

Engine will drop in no prob, bolt up to any B series tranny, mounts, axles, and harness.

Nice i still have the trans that came on moter. What kinda trans it is i have no idea. How do you tell what it is? Also i have the computer that came out of the car that matches the moter. Is there a site or some thing that will show me how to wire the
knock sencor and the v tec up? thank you.

well you will need to know what ecu it has with it right now, then just do a google search for "wiring vtech from xxx ecu" and you will get tons of pin out helps. or you can go with a rywire.com setup. more expensive but have heard they are highly respected and have great craftmanship. it's only 3 wires for the vtech, power, knock sensor, and ground. i did the vtech wiring on a z6 and it was cake,and i had never done anything like that before.

Back