b18a / b18b pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i was wondering to to buy some ls pistons for a b16 to lower the cr for turbo setup
but the guy that i was dealing with told that they wont fit the b16 ???

WHY???

b18a or b18b have the best pistons for a low budget turbo setup and i dont wanna get too much boost 8 to 10 maybe 12 psi dont see how they wont fit

:confused:any help is very helpfull

they should fit. if you can put b16 in a ls then you should be able to do the same by putting ls pistons in a b16. if anyone else knows chime in...

[/attach][/attach][/attach][/attach][/attach][/attach]

i have currently the pct s in my block but i had the pr3 s as oem
the sizes on these pics are telling that they fit

but note the valve pockets accurately between the pr3 and the pr4

when you make an ls vtec u dont have to change pistons !
so the pockets must be enuogh to suit the extra lift for the vtec

right?

Attachments

• B18B-PR4_profile.jpg
    B18B-PR4_profile.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,815
  • B18B-PR4_spec.jpg
    B18B-PR4_spec.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,885
  • B16A-PR3_profile.jpg
    B16A-PR3_profile.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,519
  • B16A-PR3_spec.jpg
    B16A-PR3_spec.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,080
  • B16B-PCTX_profile.jpg
    B16B-PCTX_profile.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,717
  • B16B-PCTX_spec.jpg
    B16B-PCTX_spec.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 424
they are, its just the b16 will give a higher compression and the b18 will yeild a lower compression. you might have to change the rods but im not to sure. Which exact motor do you have cause you might be fine with whats in it for turbo, you can run up to 10:1 for turbo you just need a certain turbo for higher compression and won't need as much boost to make good power for what you what. how much power are you trying to make. if you want a shit load of power and run high boost then yes you will need lower compression. most of it just determines which block and head you are running.

these pistons will make some thing like 8.5 - 9.0 :1 in the b16a1

looking somwhere around 275 to 300 horses depending on tuning!
using garrett t28 turbo on a log manifold, 460cc injectors ...

so ok then your compression should be close to 10:1 yeah i would lower it down to 9.5:1 or a little bit lower but i wouldn't got to low. with a t28 you wouldn't need 8.5:1 compression.

just found that you neen to machine the valve pockets and narrow the rods to put ls pistons in a b16a
ok my rods are allready done due that i have r pistons i my engine but the valve pockets!!!!!
no too much hassle

now found on ebay nippon racimg low compression pistons for b16
talked with the guy and these seem that are machined allready to fit it
good priced for a low budget build and the quality is good the pct's i have are the same brand and bought from the same guy too so i think i go fer em!

Back