b18a into 94 gsr shell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegsthewholeway

OK, i have the chance to get a 94 gsr shell, if i do get it, i have a 92 integra, that has been wrecked, and i was wondering if i could use my motor from the g2 tell i can save up some more money????? i just need to get it running, and i was just seeing how much work it would be......i by no means wanna put the b18a in there, but my fam moved to kansas alittle over two months ago, and i am going out there in august some time so i just need to get this car running tell i get to kansas, thanks, all HELP is useful and wanted!!!!!

its possible, but its going to be a pain in the ass.

the tranny wont work
some of the mounts are different
and then there's wiring.

the mounts are different? i thought they would be the same, i didn't think the b18a and b18b where that different. i know this car came with the gsr motor, but i thought they would be the same as a b18b or b18a. what tranny would i need, that mates wth the b18a motor, will gsr work if i find one? and can you explain what wiring? i dunno i thought it might swap in pretty easy cuz they are both obd1 cars. what about ecu and other stuff like that? would i be able to use that?

He shouldn't have to change anything in the wiring. OBD1 engine into OBD1 chassis. He will have a few extra plugs (VTEC Solenoid, Knock Sensor, and IAB).

Thats what i was thinking, with the wiring and all.....but does anyone know if 94+ teg mounts will work, if not what???.. and what about a tranny???.......thanks

so far i have gotten, i shouldn't have a prob with the obd stuff cuz my engine is obd1 and the 94 is obd1 so thats straight, I will have some extra wires, but those will be hooked up when i get another gsr in there, i will need 94+ integra mounts(maybe the shell will have them, maybe but maybe not) um i'll need a hydro tranny, would like a 94+ gsr but 94+ rs/ls/gs will work, if anyone can think of something else let me know thanks........

Back