b18a into EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

antonio_2004

I just bought an LsVtec engine from a friend. It is a b18a1 bottom end from a 93 integra with an si head, the engine is already obd1. I just need to get mounts, tranny, axles, etc... but I need to know if I can use any hydro tranny? I always thought that I could just bolt up any hydro tranny from any b series motor. But the guy I bought the engine from said something about the "input shafts" being different??? I don't know what this means. Is he just stupid or does that have something to do maybe with the axles? if so, I will just get axles for a hydro tranny, right? Or could he mean that the clutch or flywheel on a motor that came with cable tranny won't work. If so, why couldn't I just replace the clutch/flywheel with one for a hydro tranny? Does anyone know what he is talking about or has anyone done this before first hand? cuz i can get a really good deal on a hydro gsr tranny right now, and I need to know before I buy the tranny. Sorry this is so long but I want to make sure people understand my question.

I'm going out on a limb here, and basing this on talks, not experiance, so this isn't 100%, but I should guess from the source fairly reliable.

You can bolt the hydraulic tranny to the B18A1 block, but you will need to use the clutch/flywheel from the 90-93 Integra because of the output shaft.

Also, I would get the 94+ integra axles, the halfshaft should bolt to the block. Here is why, 92+ Civ/sols and 94+ teg track a half inch wider in each side, so the axles are a little longer. But you can't mix 90-93 halfshaft with 94+ axles because the halfshaft on the 94+ is male, and hte 90-93 is female.

Back