B18a Skunk 2 intake manifold Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18aCRX

On the stock 90-91 B18a intake manifold there is a water valve type thing that is bolted to the manifold just below the throttle body. On the skunk2 there is not. Am I supposed to hook the inlet and outelt lines together and call it good?

My other option is to use the B20 throttle body that I have which has the same valve on the bottom of it. But the problem with that is there is no vacuum port for the map sensor on it.

this also needs to pass cali ref inspection so ghetto rigging is a last resort

any help is greatly appreciated - thanks

that is the fast idle valve more than likely. i would just connect the hoses together. basically its trying to cool your air intake temps by re-routing that "coolant" that is actually around 180* F

I have actually removed that hose as a "mod" on my car. Coolant flows through the manifold to heat it in case of winter driving--to prevent condensation in the manifold. I now live in florida, so i disconnected the hoses like the Skunk2 has... it is supposed to keep the intake cooler(no hot coolant!), but it also makes my car idle a bit funky for a minute or 2.. no prob

just my long .02

That is a good point, I live in cali, so I guess I don't probably need it because we don't have winters here B)

thanks

Back