B18a stroker question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theeun_holy

strictly for my ninjas
I'm in the process of stoking a b18a using a b20a crankshaft,
my problem is I know the snout is too long but I don't remember how much,
I had detailed website I was using as reference, but I no longer have the link to it.
(had to format harddrive.)
it said something about 14mm was too long and needed to be shaved down to....
I know I could put both crankshafts next to each other and wing it, but my project is about 45 miles away, I have the b20a crankshaft here with me and while I'm get a few pounds shaved off of it in the next few days I would like to find out how much of the snout needs to go as well it order to fit the b18 pulley.

anyone know of any good sites or reference materials on this?
it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Thomas.

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but you are not stroking anything........ well maybe. The b18a and b20 are the same crank with the same stroke. What makes the b20 a 2.0 liter is the 84mm bore.

uhm a b20a as in a old ass piece of shit prelude crank? thats funny, cuase the b20a and b21a motors are not interchangeable at all.

good luck.

What the fuck is a snout?

edit:
snout.jpg

Originally posted by 97CTR+Aug 11 2005, 11:16 PM-->
Sorry to burst your bubble man, but you are not stroking anything........ well maybe. The b18a and b20 are the same crank with the same stroke. What makes the b20 a 2.0 liter is the 84mm bore.
[post=539123]Quoted post[/post]​

B20A is different from B20B and B20Z.

brian11to1
@Aug 11 2005, 11:28 PM
uhm a b20a as in a old ass piece of shit prelude crank? thats funny, cuase the b20a and b21a motors are not interchangeable at all.

good luck.
[post=539126]Quoted post[/post]​

You can use a B20A crank in a B18...

Back