B18A1 boost question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91_TegGS

I was originally planning to do a B16 swap into my 91 Integra but my B18A only has about 75,000kms on it and i'm thinking of boosting it. I'm looking to get a t3/t4 kit and run about 9psi so it's realitivly safe but i'm wondering if i shoudl still buy pistons and rods. The engine only has a 9.2:1 compression ratio but i don't have much experience with turbos yet. I guess my question is is 9psi safe to run stock with a good tune?

That compression ration is fine for boosting. The lower CR will help you avoid detonation issues. 9psi should be fine, actually it should be a great safe place to start. The factory sensor can handle up to 11psi on a good day, so you won;t have to swap that out for tuning. The B18 has nice thick sleeves, so less concern about destruction there.

This is one of our upcoming projects, B18A/B on boost, then stroked and boosted.

Craig

9 psi no problem with a good tune. xenocron on g2ic is making about 300whp tuned on crome stock block.

if u want it to be reliable, id just stick to 9 psi. im also building a b18a1 and im going for reliability and power so pistons and rods are being replaced, as well as balancing everything together, just get it tuned good. best of luck to you :D

Back