b18a1 in 90 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

i'm looking to see if anyone has had a similar crx body with ls block before vtec and had some times they'd like to throw out. i am doing this swap right and i've bought new axles, new shift linkage, mounts, and a jdm 4.785 itr trans with lsd. i want to make the engine build up to the swap when i get the money to build the bottom end and convert to lsvtec. i hate that it's so difficult to get a transmission outside of buying a full swap or front clip that has crappy axles and welded shift linkages and basically sub-par components. so i've just purchased the trans and i am curious how fast it will be with just the ls and the itr trans. i got an incredible deal on the engine and it was mated to an auto trans all it's 50k life as well.

-sorry also what's the ecu should i run before vtec between my crx si pm6 or the ls pr4???

PR4 for ECU...
get a set of 94+ LS (B18B1) Cams - the auto cams suck!
the ITR tranny is a hydro tranny so you may want to check on hmotorsonline.com for the cable-hydro conversion its like $300 dollars and allows you to run a hydro tranny in a cable car...

On the times I'd guess somethign like a 15 or so. It's better not to ask questions about "What will I run with X mod and Y mods"... cuase there are too many variables.

yeah i understand there are quite a few variables i was just curious. i didn't know about auto cams that blows pretty hard. and as for hydro conversion i have the billet mounts from hasport. they make an ef1 and ef2 kit and the ef1 is for cable, ef2 is a little more expensive...like 450-500 but it has the same three mount system but with the hydro to cable adapter.

i am also a manual driving enthusiast so i would say my driving skill is up there and i can't wait to hammer on that new itr trans soon. i had an hf before my si (this is when i fell in love with crx) and nobody knew how it was fast when i drove it.....turned out i just double clutched into first through all the turns! compensated a bit for the 56hp.

does the pr4 require me to wire up the knock sensor on the back of the b18a1??? with obd0 wiring i don't think it does but does the pr4 look for it???

Originally posted by b18c5crxtasy@Jul 7 2004, 10:52 AM
does the pr4 require me to wire up the knock sensor on the back of the b18a1??? with obd0 wiring i don't think it does but does the pr4 look for it???

I dont think the LS had a knock sensor.

on the back of the block there is a two pin sensor with a green plastic connection...i have no clue what this is other than the knock sensor. i was informed the ls b18a1 has a knock sensor on the back but it's not necessary to hook up even with the pr4 ecu. help??

what would that green 2 pin sensor be on the back of my block going right into the block on the alternator side just above left of the oil filter be?

Originally posted by b18c5crxtasy@Jul 8 2004, 04:42 PM
what would that green 2 pin sensor be on the back of my block going right into the block on the alternator side just above left of the oil filter be?

i have the same thing still open on mine. nothing is wrong i dont think. and alll green i think has to do with cooling. maybe colant temp

in answer to what year ls it is it's a 90-91 because it's the b18a1 not the b1. i'm not too concerned if i can leave it open i'm just trying to anticipate all the surprises i'll be having when i swap.

Back