1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18a1 in 90 crx si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b18c5crxtasy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. b18c5crxtasy

b18c5crxtasy Senior Member

i'm looking to see if anyone has had a similar crx body with ls block before vtec and had some times they'd like to throw out. i am doing this swap right and i've bought new axles, new shift linkage, mounts, and a jdm 4.785 itr trans with lsd. i want to make the engine build up to the swap when i get the money to build the bottom end and convert to lsvtec. i hate that it's so difficult to get a transmission outside of buying a full swap or front clip that has crappy axles and welded shift linkages and basically sub-par components. so i've just purchased the trans and i am curious how fast it will be with just the ls and the itr trans. i got an incredible deal on the engine and it was mated to an auto trans all it's 50k life as well.

-sorry also what's the ecu should i run before vtec between my crx si pm6 or the ls pr4???

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

PR4 for ECU...
    get a set of 94+ LS (B18B1) Cams - the auto cams suck!
    the ITR tranny is a hydro tranny so you may want to check on hmotorsonline.com for the cable-hydro conversion its like $300 dollars and allows you to run a hydro tranny in a cable car...

On the times I'd guess somethign like a 15 or so. It's better not to ask questions about "What will I run with X mod and Y mods"... cuase there are too many variables.

3. b18c5crxtasy

yeah i understand there are quite a few variables i was just curious. i didn't know about auto cams that blows pretty hard. and as for hydro conversion i have the billet mounts from hasport. they make an ef1 and ef2 kit and the ef1 is for cable, ef2 is a little more expensive...like 450-500 but it has the same three mount system but with the hydro to cable adapter.

4. b18c5crxtasy

i am also a manual driving enthusiast so i would say my driving skill is up there and i can't wait to hammer on that new itr trans soon. i had an hf before my si (this is when i fell in love with crx) and nobody knew how it was fast when i drove it.....turned out i just double clutched into first through all the turns! compensated a bit for the 56hp.

5. b18c5crxtasy

does the pr4 require me to wire up the knock sensor on the back of the b18a1??? with obd0 wiring i don't think it does but does the pr4 look for it???

6. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

I dont think the LS had a knock sensor.

7. b18c5crxtasy

on the back of the block there is a two pin sensor with a green plastic connection...i have no clue what this is other than the knock sensor. i was informed the ls b18a1 has a knock sensor on the back but it's not necessary to hook up even with the pr4 ecu. help??

8. lsvteccrx

lsvteccrx Senior Member

if it was a knock sensor, it would only have one pin, and b18a1 motors dont come with knock sensors

9. b18c5crxtasy

what would that green 2 pin sensor be on the back of my block going right into the block on the alternator side just above left of the oil filter be?

10. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

what year is the LS motor you have?

11. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

i have the same thing still open on mine. nothing is wrong i dont think. and alll green i think has to do with cooling. maybe colant temp

12. b18c5crxtasy

in answer to what year ls it is it's a 90-91 because it's the b18a1 not the b1. i'm not too concerned if i can leave it open i'm just trying to anticipate all the surprises i'll be having when i swap.

13. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

90-93 are all a1's but rhe 92-92 are obd 1

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted