b18a1 noob build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

paulsen

sponge of knowlege
so i just got a b18a1 and im new too honda, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i can put a b16a2 head on it? i would like to know before i purchase a head,which will be soon hopefully , is it an 0bd1 head? and can it be changed to 0bd0? im running p30 pistons out of a b16 sir 11:1 compression and maybe some cams, depending on how the head situation goes..

Last edited:
Well there is a few things you could do with and ls block and a b16 head i would keep it obd1 and get the ecu and jumper harness. What car in the motor going in too, best thing with the p30 pistons you might have to check piston to valve clearance. Best thing search Google for LS-Vtec swaps there is a million post out there. i am going to try and find a web site that for me was the most detailed and complete. do you know everything you need for to swap the head on the block

thats alot of info thank you very much.
its going in a 89 hatch si

Last edited:
so i figured out piston to valve clearence and i was wondering on v8's u can measure the valve lash to get your clearences is it the same for hondas? can i get a reading without taking of the head ?

does any body have a link on how to measure piston to valve clearence on a b18a1, or something relative? id like to find something so i can order some cams next week, thanks in advance.

Back