b18a1 or d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MR.UTI

Hey guys i've got a bit of a problem what engine should I swap in?

B18a1 all the way, 2 cams, and more power, why wast your time with a d anything..... The b18 swap inst expensive, and you wont just wind up swapping again later when you decide you want more power. I have the swap in my crx and its beautiful. Also if you have a hf or si its LITERALLY bolt in.
I just hate sohc sorry... im biased

i dont care how cheap you went, i didnt go for cheap. If that was the question here, im sure youd win that arguement. I dont see the point of swapping for anything less than a dohc.

Yeah that good and they can put out power but i dont think they can handle it as well as dohc on the street after I blew 2 I moved on to b16

I know like them but just stright with out bottem end work I dont like I had a z6 bottem end blow out on me and sohc ZC bottem end blow on me but If I hand the money to put new rods and crank and things on it I would but sence I only put Header and intake stuff to them I dont get why they would and I havent ran a car to the ground sence the first car I owned

If your gonna build the motor go with a z6 but if you want power thats already there, i'd go with a b18c. You'll save money building the z6 (like Blanco said) verses buying/swaping a b18

on a side note: (trying to clarify for my own knowledge)

Is the d16y8 slightly better than the z6, but the only reason most poeople don't do the y8 swap because the y8 is odb2, correct?

Are you going to tell Greg Bisi that his sub 9 second SOHC sucks because it doesn't have two cams?

One of the quotes from Bisi Ezerioha- "I love twin cams. One's in my engine, the other's in the pits" lol.

Last edited:
B18a b/c of the extra displacement, but if money is concern then go with the Z6.

Back